What support does GAC provide when there are incidents involving Canadians who are overseas for GAC-funded projects?

Category: Canadian Staff and Volunteers – Incidents Abroad

For organizations: If your staff or volunteer has experienced an incident while overseas, please contact your project partnership leads, who are key resources to connect you with the appropriate channel within GAC depending on the case.

For survivors:  For assistance while overseas, you can contact the nearest Canadian consulate or embassy or the Emergency Watch and Response Centre Ottawa. Consular officials can provide you with a list of local lawyers, shelters, and social services, as well as provide you with information on how to apply for emergency financial assistance through the Department of Justice Victims Fund. 

See this page for more information.

Copy link
Powered by Social Snap